As of August 8, 2021
We Will Be Back from Summer Hiatus for Tours in September.
We are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our Guests and Staff. We will continue to follow City, County and State Guidelines for the coronavirus COVID-19, as well as those of the CDC and the policies of Tovrea Carraro Society.
Currently, EVERYONE is required to wear a face mask, whether vaccinated or not, will practice social distancing, with tour sizes broken into smaller groupings.
Guests with Tour Tickets will be contacted via the Ticket Purchaser’s email, with updates on the tours within 2 weeks of their tour date. If you have questions prior to that time, please contact us at Tours@TovreaCastleTours.com.
Tovrea Carraro Society (TCS) will continue to determine how services will be provided in a manner that is safe for the Guests, the Public (i.e. anyone that is onsite, including vendors) and Staff and Volunteers because the health and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to TCS and its Leadership.
The following guidelines and directives establish Community standards, provide detailed responsibilities and actions. The TCS Leadership is responsible for ensuring that all directives are being following in all areas at Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights. Compliance with the directives is required for continued volunteerism and the health and safety of other Staff and Volunteers, Guests and the Public, as well as our Partners.
We are all in this together and our actions not only affect personal health, but the health of others, including stopping the spread of infection to those most vulnerable. Creating and maintaining a safe and effective space is the responsibility of everyone with TCS.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DIRECTIVES
Precautions to slow or prevent the spread of the virus among persons are continuing:
- Ill persons should stay home
- Soap with sanitizer is available in all areas where handwashing occurs
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (minimum 60% alcohol) is available in the restrooms and public areas
- Increased diligence when cleaning all areas including but not limited to restrooms, trams and public areas
- Disinfectant spray is used on all hard surfaces
- Smiles are encouraged, but NO hugs, handshakes or touching
- Signs are posted reminding people to wash their hands with soap and water frequently, wear masks and social distance
ALL STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Do a self-check using the self-screening tool each day before coming on property (see below)
- No physical contact with others
- Maintain the “6 ft. rule” at all times
- All business meetings are held virtually
- All Staff and Volunteers will wear masks when on property
- Wear masks when there are 2 or more in a vehicle
- All Guests and Public must wear masks at all times when on property
- Cloth made masks must be washed weekly, more frequently is strongly suggested
Each day before deciding to come on property, Staff and Volunteers will conduct a self-screening using the tool below. This tool will help Staff and Volunteers decide if it is appropriate to volunteer. If there is an answer of “yes” to any of these questions, stay home and contact the onsite Coordinator, as soon as possible. Coordinators who show indicators that they should not volunteer will contact the President, as soon as possible.
|☐||☐||Do I have a fever (oral temperature >100.4F, 38C)?|
|☐||☐||Do I have any flu-like symptoms? (Fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)|
|☐||☐||Have I been exposed to anyone who has flu-like symptoms?|
|☐||☐||Have I been exposed to anyone who tested positive to Covid-19?|
|☐||☐||Am I unable to bring and wear a home-made or purchased mask?|
For ongoing information and current recommendations and orders, TCS is monitoring and in conversation with the following:
Arizona Department of Health Services: www.azdhs.gov
Arizona Governor’s Office: https://azgovernor.gov
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
City of Phoenix: www.phoenix.gov
The World Health Organization: www.who.int
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: www.hhs.gov
Primary Tovrea Carraro Society Contact for
Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights:
Dr. Tamera Zivic, President