As of April 6, 2020, Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights has canceled all Tours and Events through May 28, 2020. Guests with tickets for a tour during this time may request an exchange of their tickets for a tour in the fall of 2020 for the same number of tickets as their current tour. This exchange request must be made by 11:00 pm, Arizona time, Friday, April 10, 2020.
After that time, all tickets will be refunded. If you do not want to exchange, but want a refund, do nothing and you will automatically have your tickets refunded.
Due to the current outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Tovrea Carraro Society has put
measures into place to slow and prevent illness from spreading and to prepare for and respond to widespread contagious diseases.
WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW as of 03/11/2020
Precautions to slow or prevent the spread of the flu among persons:
• Ill persons (guests, staff and volunteers) should stay home.
• Soap with sanitizer is available in all areas where hand washing occurs.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (minimum 60% alcohol) is available in the restrooms and public areas for use after hand washing.
• Increased diligence when cleaning all areas including but not limited to restrooms and public areas. Disinfectant wipes and/or spray on all hard surfaces, including door handles is being used with a fresh solution made each day.
• All water fountains are turned off and marked “do not use.”
• Smiles are encouraged, but NO hugs, handshakes or touching.
• Signs are posted reminding people to wash their hands with soap and water frequently.
PREPARING FOR LATER
We will continue to connect with the city, state and federal emergency management systems, their Emergency Operations Centers and VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) Dr. Zivic is registered with these groups as the primary contact for the organization.
The plan and method for containing the spread of the disease in a Stage 6 Pandemic is to require social isolation of infected people; and to reduce opportunities for social contacts among the non- affected. Businesses could close; schools and day care centers would close; travel would be restricted. Organizations will need to decide on the proper mix of isolation (cancelling activities) versus maintaining or increasing community programs.
If a Stage 6 Pandemic is declared, Tovrea Carraro Society has plans in place for governance and decision-making, considering the inability to meet face to face. If a pandemic event is imminent, the following actions will be taken:
• Conference calls will be used to conduct business and make decisions during the restricted period and after the lifting of restrictions.
• Announcement of no or reduced operations at Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights due to closures would be made, including but not limited to, cancellation and refunding of garden days, tours and special events.
• Increased security will be put into place if warranted during closures.
• Regular Public Operations – The continued operations within the guidelines for public gatherings and with precautions not to spread the flu will be implemented, based on the guidance from the emergency management agencies.
• Processes are in place to respond to new needs as they arise.
For ongoing and current information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
The World Health Organization: www.who.int
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: www.hhs.gov
Primary Tovrea Carraro Society Contact for
Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights:
Dr. Tamera Zivic, President